- About Us
Confirmation is an important milestone in the life of a youth! It refers to the decision a person makes to respond to God's grace with intentional commitment, publicly reaffirming his or her baptismal vows before the congregation. Confirmands learn about the meaning of Christian faith; the history and teachings and The United Methodist Church; and an explanation of the baptismal and membership vows they will be professing.
2017 Confirmation Dates
- Confirmation Orientation: Sunday, January 22, After Worship
- Session 1: Sunday, February 5, 9:45-10:45 in the Library
- Session 2: Sunday, February 19, 3:00 - 6:30 pm
- Session 3: Group Trip - March 5, Worship at Wesley UMC. We will go out for lunch after the service. We will leave church at 9:20 am.
- Session 4: Sunday, March 26, 3:00 - 6:30 pm
- Session 5: Sunday, April 9, 3:00 - 6:30 pm
- Session 6: Sunday, April 30, 3:00 - 6:30 pm
- Session 7: Sunday, May 7, 3:00 - ???? (Group will go out for dinner.)
- Confirmation Sunday: May 21, 2017
Please click here for a downloadable schedule and a copy of the Confirmation Covenant with important information for confirmands and their parents.
Parents are asked to sign up to attend at least one of the sessions as well as sign up to provide dinner for a session (church will reimburse the cost of the meal). Click here to sign up!
Click here to download and print the registration form.