- About Us
Youth Sunday School
Wake Up Your Faith!
Our Sunday School Hour for all ages is 9:45-10:45 am every Sunday morning.
Contact: Kim Carroll (Director of Christian Education), Kim@ManchacaUMC.org
Summer Sunday School
Students in Summer Sunday School will be dared to live lives of faith by exploring what Truth really is and how it affects our daily lives. What is good? What is evil? How should we conduct our lives to be morally right with God? What is morally right? We'll also focus on how peers, authority figures, and the media can influence students' perceptions of truth while tackling important and difficult questions. Some weeks will be spent serving others and in fellowship with one another. Check the schedule below:
- May 28 - Mission Sunday: Youth will lead children in completing various service projects.
- June 4 - What is Truth?
- June 11 - Ethics and Morality
- June 18 - HS on Mission Trip, MS Breakfast Taco Fellowship
- June 25 - The Truth About Me
- July 2 - Service: VBS Decorations Creation Stations (Youth will lead children in creating VBS decorations.)
- July 9 - The Truth About Media
- July 16 - Service: Packing the Trailer for MS Mission Trip + Breakfast Taco Fellowship
- July 23 - The Truth About Being Nice
- July 30 - The Truth About Authority
- August 6 - The Truth About Self-Control
- August 13 - Prepping for the Shareholder Brunch
- August 20 - The Truth About Words
- August 27 - Living the Truth (Rising 6th Grader Welcome Brunch)
Note: All students (Rising 7th - 12th grades) will meet in the Youth Room but may split into smaller groups for deeper age-level discussions.
School Year Sunday School Program
Grades 6 & 7
Location: Room 3 (down the hallway to the West of the Sanctuary)
Teachers: Terri Hanson and Errin Lagow
Current Curriculum: Fast Lane Bible Study
Middle School students will explore topics that relate to their everyday experiences through the lens of faith and scripture. We'll cover topics such as relationships, peer pressure, racism, healthy bodies, etc.
Grades 8 & UP
Location: Youth Room (upstairs in the Education Wing)
Teachers: Ron Mize
Current Curriculum: Groove, Generation Why
The High School class offers a laid-back, safe environment where youth can explore issues of faith as it pertains to their daily lives. Youth have the opportunity to leaders in their Sunday school class and choose the topics that matter most to them.